Everything that is not tasty, ends up being healthy! Isn’t it true? Be it as bitter as bitter gourd or as sour as Gooseberry (or known as Aamla अमला in Hindi).
Let’s look at Aamla then! How is this notoriously sour fruit going to benefit our health? This humble fruit, also known as the Indian gooseberry, is one of the most important foods in Ayurvedic medicine and is a storehouse of good health. It has almost twice the antioxidant power of acai berry and about 17 times that of the pomegranate. Use this inexpensive wonder fruit to stay well this winter. (Source : India Today)
Read Also: How to fight Type II Diabetes
- Cures Sore Throat and Cold – Containing good amount of Vitamin C, Aamla has been known to cure bad throat. How to use it? Simple! Mix 2 teaspoons of aamla powder with 2 teaspoons of honey. Have it three to four times a day for immediate and effective results.
- Relief from Constipation – Tough mornings? Let this fibre rich fruit help you with it! Dried and powdered form of Aamla is easily available in the market, and having it before sleep with lukewarm water smooths the bowel movements!
- Helps in Curing Painful Mouth Ulcers – If taken in liquid form, aamla can also cure mouth ulcers. Dilute aamla juice in half a cup of water, gargle and you’re set.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – Aamla helps in reducing arthritis-related pain. Snack on dried aamla or have it fresh and raw. Both work.
Read Also: Benefits of Tulsi
- Weight loss – Are you working out hard to reduce your weight? Including aamla in your diet will achieve amazing benefits as it improves metabolism and aids in faster digestion.