In a new research it has been found that olive oil compounds can kill cancer in under 60 minutes.
Yes! You read that right! In what seems like a ground-breaking news, a team of researchers at the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences at Rutgers are impressed and blown away by the results, which has serious implications when it comes to how the public may soon view simple nutrition as a weapon against cancer –
a simple compound in olive oil is capable of killing cancer cells ‘within 30 minutes to an hour’ — and it doesn’t harm healthy cells.
The compound utilized, known as oleocanthal, has previously been identified as an ‘anti-cancer’ agent, but the true extent of its ability to fight carcinogenic cells was virtually unknown. Several studies exist on the compound’s other benefits as well, which include its potential effects on:
Guava too has been known for many benefits, one of them being its anti-cancer property.
This new study, which has found that this compound can truly kill cancer cells in under an hour, may be the most amazing. Specifically, the study found that cancer cells exposed to oleocanthal were dying in a matter of 30-60 minutes — all thanks to the way in which the olive oil compound uses the enzymes of the cancer cells. Puncturing the insides of the cancer cells where the cell ‘waste’ is held, the compound wreaks absolute havoc on the infected cells.
There is no doubt that mega pharmaceutical companies will certainly swoop in to patent pharmaceutical technologies that attempt to mimic the behaviors of oleocanthal (with a list of side effects and reduced effectiveness), but the key here is that for virtually nothing you can start to experience the benefits of this key olive oil compound yourself: just pick up some high quality organic olive oil at your local grocery store.
One may also benefit from fresh juice from raw and organic fruits and vegetables.
Source: Inspire Amaze
There are plenty of benefits of guava including improved immunity, weight management, stress busting,
Before we go into the details of it, the summary is: Heart Healthy, Weight Loss Friendly and More.
Done with that. Let’s get into the details of the benefits this fruit, that sometimes hurts the gums and teeth because of its seeds, has:
- Immunity booster as it contains high quantity of Vitamin C
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- Diabetic people can consume this sweet fruit
- Improves levels of the good cholesterol (HDL) and keeps heart healthy. Fresh juice of raw guava and other fruits & vegetables prove to be highly beneficial.
- Keeps away from constipation because of high fiber
- Vitamin A rich, thus, improves eyesight
- Contains folic acid (vitamin B-9) ; recommended for pregnant women since it can help in developing the baby’s nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders
- Guava leaves have a potent anti-inflammatory action and a powerful antibacterial ability which fights infection and kills germs. Thus, consuming guava leaves works as a fantastic home remedy for toothache, swollen gums and oral ulcers
- It’s a stress buster as it helps to relax the muscles and nerves of the body
These other food items help fight sulkiness and depression!
- Contains vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), which helps in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating cognitive function
- Helps you lose weight by regulating your metabolism. Interestingly, there is bacteria in your gut that is trying to help you maintain perfect weight!
- Juice of raw and immature guavas or a decoction of guava leaves is very helpful in relieving cough and cold since it helps get rid of mucus and disinfects the respiratory tract, throat and lungs.
- Has anti ageing properties
What more can you do to keep your skin young and glowing?
- Mash some guava flesh with an egg yolk and apply it on your face. Rinse off after 20 minutes with warm water. When used once or twice a week, this scrub will remove dead cells from your skin and lighten your complexion. Guavas are also a great source of Vitamin K, which helps get rid of skin discoloration, dark circles, redness and acne irritation.
- Guavas rank high in astringent properties, guava leaves and unripe guavas even higher. Guava helps tone up and tighten the facial muscles, so apply a decoction of the leaves and fruit on your skin and voila!
To get more details, follow this link (source): Food.NDTV