Thyroid is increasingly becoming a health concern with time. When your thyroid doesn’t produce enough hormones, the balance of chemical reactions in your body can be upset. There can be a number of causes, including autoimmune disease, treatment for hyperthyroidism, radiation therapy, thyroid surgery and certain medications.
Your thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland situated at the base of the front of your neck, just below your Adam’s apple. Hormones produced by the thyroid gland — triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) — have an enormous impact on your health, affecting all aspects of your metabolism. They maintain the rate at which your body uses fats and carbohydrates, help control your body temperature, influence your heart rate, and help regulate the production of proteins. (Source: Mayoclinic)
So how do you identify if you are going through this hormonal imbalance?
Here are some symptoms that should be considered as a warning against Thyroid:
- You are irritable / depressed without any reason!
To fight depression, these fruits could really help!
- Having constipation too regularly? Get yourself checked!
- Feeling more slugish and lazy than before?
- Dry skin, brittle nails, hair fall.
Learn how to take care of your skin?
- Suddenly gaining weight or suddenly losing weight without any reason? Well the reason is Thyroid!
But if you want to shed some kilos, take care of your gut bacterias!
- High palpation
- Fuzzy head
- High blood pressure
- No libido at all
- Change in the way your taste buds are tasting food!
- Change in appetite
- Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
If you are lying in a subset of most of these symptoms, it is time you visit your regular physician and take precautions accordingly.