Before we go into the details of it, the summary is: Heart Healthy, Weight Loss Friendly and More.
Done with that. Let’s get into the details of the benefits this fruit, that sometimes hurts the gums and teeth because of its seeds, has:
- Immunity booster as it contains high quantity of Vitamin C
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- Diabetic people can consume this sweet fruit
- Improves levels of the good cholesterol (HDL) and keeps heart healthy. Fresh juice of raw guava and other fruits & vegetables prove to be highly beneficial.
- Keeps away from constipation because of high fiber
- Vitamin A rich, thus, improves eyesight
- Contains folic acid (vitamin B-9) ; recommended for pregnant women since it can help in developing the baby’s nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders
- Guava leaves have a potent anti-inflammatory action and a powerful antibacterial ability which fights infection and kills germs. Thus, consuming guava leaves works as a fantastic home remedy for toothache, swollen gums and oral ulcers
- It’s a stress buster as it helps to relax the muscles and nerves of the body
These other food items help fight sulkiness and depression!
- Contains vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), which helps in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating cognitive function
- Helps you lose weight by regulating your metabolism. Interestingly, there is bacteria in your gut that is trying to help you maintain perfect weight!
- Juice of raw and immature guavas or a decoction of guava leaves is very helpful in relieving cough and cold since it helps get rid of mucus and disinfects the respiratory tract, throat and lungs.
- Has anti ageing properties
What more can you do to keep your skin young and glowing?
- Mash some guava flesh with an egg yolk and apply it on your face. Rinse off after 20 minutes with warm water. When used once or twice a week, this scrub will remove dead cells from your skin and lighten your complexion. Guavas are also a great source of Vitamin K, which helps get rid of skin discoloration, dark circles, redness and acne irritation.
- Guavas rank high in astringent properties, guava leaves and unripe guavas even higher. Guava helps tone up and tighten the facial muscles, so apply a decoction of the leaves and fruit on your skin and voila!
To get more details, follow this link (source): Food.NDTV