It was a Sunday and you decided to stay up late for the cricket match or a Nolan movie. Because why not? It’s still a holiday! What comes next though is a regretful, sleepy and tiring Monday! The eyes are heavy. It is a task in itself keeping the lids open and give a blank stare at the monitor. The fingers give up on typing and all you need is a nice warm cozy sleep.
Well, we can’t promise you that your boss will let you have a small nap. But here is what we got : list of stuff you could do to wake yourself the hell up!!
- An apple a day doesn’t just keep the doctor away. But also saves you from an angry mail from the Human Resource about your slow day at work! Having an apple in the morning, puts away the sleepiness.
Basically, fruit is an excellent food for giving you fast energy but without making you crash. Try eating a few pieces of fruit every 30 minutes or snacking on grapes constantly.
Did you know fresh juices too have tons of benefits!
- Water helps too, and not just splashing it across your face, but drinking some too! Dehydration is actually a big cause of tiredness. So what is the opposite of dehydrated? Yeah, hydration! So have lots of water.
Another benefit is, when the bladder fills up, you have to visit the loo too often which
in turn makes you move around and physically up!
- Cold air is a solution too. Cold air keeps your body’s heating system cranking and you will shiver yourself awake. However, if it is an Indian summer time, don’t go for the cooling option! It will only make you cozier. Rather, let yourself sweat. (word of caution: don’t forget some deodorant!)
Sweaty hands are a big put off. Here’s how you can fight it!
- Have some tea to fight the sleep. If you have to have one or the other it is better to go for a nice Chinese Green Tea as this has many health benefits. Green tea also helps fighting arthritis.
- Get some fresh air. Now this helps a lot! Sometimes sitting in a warm office with a comfortable chair, flickering computer screen and a gentle whisper of talking workmates is enough to send anyone to sleep. Go outside and breathe in some of the fresh air for a few minutes.
- If all fails, this might be the only solution. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions.
Inputs from: The Daily Mind