We have been using Vapor Rubs since the age when we loved falling sick after having long soccer sessions in the rains! It has been a household remedy to whenever we have chest congestion, blocked nose or a heavy head. But did you know about the amazing 8 benefits of the vapour rubs?
- Helps Reducing Acnes and Pimples: has several acne fighting ingredients such as camphor and eucalyptus oil that will dry out the acne overnight. All you have to do is put a little dab of Vicks directly on the pimple and leave overnight. You could also try these natural remedies for a glowing skin!
- Toenail or Fingernail Fungus: has a fungus-fighting ingredient called thymol, an oil that comes from Thyme. If you think your nail has become infected apply Vicks directly to the nail twice a day. Cover your feet with socks at bedtime, and continue to trim the nails until the infected part is removed effectively.
- Insect Repellent: contains cedarleaf oil, which is a natural insect repellant. Simply rub on skin or clothes to repel insects.
- Aching Muscles: contains camphor and menthol, which both have antiseptic qualities. This is great when you want to speed up healing time simply rub onto affected area.
- Healing Cracked Heels: Cracked heels can be an absolute nightmare to heal, especially if you are constantly on your feet. Before you go to bed, spread a thick layer of the rub on your heels and feet. Massage for 5 minutes and wear socks to lock in miosture overnight. In the morning get up early and wash feet with warm water. Repeat until heels are restored
- Soothing Minor Burns: Quick relief for MINOR burns would be to run under cool water and apply the vapur rub.
Here are some natural remedies for headaches!
- Splinters and Small Cuts: The rub contains camphor and menthol, which both have antiseptic qualities. This is great when you want to speed up healing time simply rub onto affected area.
- Tennis Elbow: Menthol and camphor in Vicks will heal the aching elbow. Re-apply till the elbow stops aching.
Source: Aunty Acid